Light technician works with the senior specialist to set up and patch or wire up lighting, also lugs gear to different areas of the stage and operating the lighting consoles.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with the senior specialist to set up and patch or wire up lighting including DMX work and addressing.
• Assembling all the lighting and filter equipment needed.
• Ensuring all lighting equipment is in working order and organising any necessary scaffolding and cranes
• Operating and maintaining equipment during the shoot
• Changing lighting between shots, as necessary
• Operating the lighting console.
• Highly proficient with electrical systems, light fixtures, control devices, stage equipment, cables, extension lugs and other lighting tools that are used to control the effects during filming and production.
• Good technical skills
• Good color vision
• Minimum computer skills to control and adjust lighting to match the mood or style of a staged scene.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
BA or Diploma in TV, media or other related fields is preferable.