The Camera control Technician/ senior technician is responsible of camera control operation for live studios or pre recorded programmed, ensuring that camera settings comply with Al Jazeera pre-set guidelines, to ensure the correct alignment of the cameras for High Quality picture final output.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• To operate different brands of camera controls panels like RCP / OCP in a television studio Galleries.
• Test the functionality of all necessary equipment before shooting of live studios and pre-recorded programs.
• Stand the cameras at the right positions to ensure, correct shooting compositions and framings are according to the highest quality and standards.
• Operate Robotic Camera Control System.
• Monitor cameras video level via a waveform / vector scope monitor for quality control in terms of luminance and chrominance levels.
• Co-ordinate with lighting staff to ensure the lighting as per production plan for live/ pre-recorded programs according to the Technical Director’s instructions,
• to ensure all color schemes conform to Al-Jazeera broadcasting standards Person Specification
• Read write and understand job related technical requirement.
• Operate video signal monitoring equipment (i.e. waveform monitor and vector scopes).
• Camera setting (color adjustment) for Minimum 6 to 7 studio cameras at a time.
• Computer skills
• Multitasking skills
• Interpersonal skills
Academic & Professional Qualifications
Certificate/ Diploma in TV broadcast / Media technology, or other Technical TV broadcast related field is preferable.